5 Ways to Get IRS Help on Tax Issues ?
Let us admit it -tax laws world over is complex.USA is also not an exception. So, even for a simple task of doing your own taxes, despite having online tax filing software, you may need assistance. Internal Revenue Service or IRS provides not only online tools and guides, it actually provide tax help through various medium and personal assistance.IRS makes itself accessible in multiple ways for solving problems faced by taxpayers -whether it is for filing taxes, or checking refund status or paying outstanding taxes or choosing a correct tax form. Given below are fives ways , you can seek
1. IRS Online tax help
One of the best ways to get information on any federal tax issue is to visit IRS website which not only provides easy to find answers to your most commonly asked questions on various tax matters, you can also download virtually any form or help publication in pdf format from the website. Thus, the IRS website provides 24×7 tax help by providing a tremendous amount of information right at your fingertips, including frequently asked questions, tax law changes and even tax calculators.
2. Want to Talk to IRS ? Pick Your Phone
IRS provides various toll-free numbers on which you can contact with the IRS assistants who may help you on many tax issues over the phone. Here are
- 1-800-829-3676 – for ordering forms, publications or instructions
- 1-800-829-1040 — for any tax questions regarding your personal income taxes (pl note wait time is quite high here )
- 1-877-777-4778 – For the Taxpayer Advocate
Service ,if the tax question still bothers you! You can also visit AdvcateService website
- 1-800-829-4477 – This is a collection of pre-recorded messages that cover a wide variety of tax topics
3. Want to Write to IRS ? No Problem
If you want to do traditional correspondence via snail mail, you can do so writing to the director for your local IRS district or your local taxpayer assistance centre. As a general rule, You must allow 30 days for a response.
4. Visit Your Local IRS Office
The IRS has local offices, known as taxpayer assistance
5. Fax Service for Delivering Forms
In an era of