Resident of Alabama has to pay personal income tax on its earnings at the rate given below . Always check the source
2019 Alabama state Individual income tax rates?
The state of Alabama allows basic personal exemption as under:
- Single and Married Filing Separately filing statuses = $1,500
- Married Filing Jointly and Head of Family filing statuses= $3,000
For single persons, heads of families, and married persons filing separate returns:
- 2% First $500 of taxable income
- 4% Next $2,500 of taxable income
- 5% All taxable income over $3,000
For married persons filing a joint return:
- 2%Â Â Â First $1,000 of taxable income
- 4%Â Â Â Next $5,000 of taxable income
- 5%Â Â Â All taxable income over $6,000
Alabama Local Income Tax Rates
Residents and nonresident of following four local jurisdiction within the state of Alabama pay a flat city income tax as per rates given below in addition to the Alabama income tax and the Federal income tax.