Form 8822

Use Form 8822 to notify the IRS if you changed your mailing address

If you are changing both home and business addresses? Use Form 8822-B

Form 8822 B


. If you are a representative signing for the taxpayer, attach power of attorney.

If children filed tax return, and their address also changed , file a separate Form 8822 for each child. 

Point to note

1. Complete Line 5 in case you changed your name.

2. Form must be signed. If your last return was a joint return, your spouse must also sign