IRS form to apply for stimulus check if no tax return filed
IRS has finally created the online form –Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info-to apply for the coronavirus stimulus check if no tax return filed for reasons such as – you receive veterans disability compensation, or a pension, or a survivor benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or your income level does not require you to file a tax return.“Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info” is secure, and the information entered will be safe. .
Through this free online form, IRS can identify you and your dependents, and pay the stimulus payments directly to your bank account deposit. IRS can also use the address and other information to calculate the Economic Impact Payment and send a check to you .It is also an important tool for saving oneself from scammers targetting stimulus check
How to use online form for non-filers ?
The simple steps for those who don’t normally file a tax return are :
- Visit IRS.gov, and look for “Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here.”
- Click the link and then provide basic information including Social Security number, name, address, and dependents.
The IRS will use the information submitted in the online form to confirm eligibility and calculate and send an Economic Impact Payment. Entering bank or financial account information will allow the IRS to deposit your payment directly in your account. Otherwise, your payment will be sent by postal mail to you.
IRS has clearly stated that the online information tool should not be used e if:
- You receive Social Security, Railroad Retirement, or SSDI benefits. The IRS will automatically send you an Economic Impact Payment.
- You have already filed a 2019 federal income tax return.
- Your 2019 gross income exceeded $12,200 ($24,400 for a married couple) or other reasons require you to file a 2019 federal tax return.
- You were married at the end of 2019 and are not submitting information here with your spouse.
- You were not a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident in 2019.